Monday, October 28, 2013

Hello Olympia

As I said before, it's good to be home. Just a little walk through of some of the things I missed the most.

Taking my dog to the beach.

Walks with my brother in the woods.
   
     Hanging out with my mom.
 

Enjoying excellent local produce, purchased or found. (What a season for 'shrooms!)

Soaking up beautiful gray afternoons.

Reading and drinking something hot downtown.

Hanging out on campus and feeling strangely nostalgic about my college days.

Stumbling on evidence of people not taking things too seriously.

Being outside and seeing more trees than humans. 

My next post will be some sort of recipe or project, but I'm not sure what exactly. I'd really like to make some new batches of soap, but most of my supplies are still packed away in boxes from the move. Maybe I will mix up something for the face, like an herbal infused facial oil for the colder months ahead. I'm open to suggestions too...

4 comments:

  1. It's not an herbal thing but how about your favorite soup?! I love other people's soup recipes. Also, Olympia, looks like such fun. There's a bookstore there I love a little much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite soup,eh? I can do that, although I might have to pick a favorite stew, a favorite creamy soup, and a favorite brothy soup because one is not enough. Thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  2. i love it. i love that outfit. i've begun considering living in olympia one day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My favorite clothes are usually hand-me-downs from friends and family. The belt was my mom's in the 70s, the sweater (which is a lacy crocheted thing wiped out by the magic of a cell phone camera) was my grandmothers, and the skirt came to me from a series of friends passing it on. And Olympia is indeed a fun place to be, let me know if you ever need a tour guide!

      Delete