Monday, August 26, 2013

Goodbye Chicago

Goodbye Lake.

Goodbye skyscrapers.


Goodbye kitschy window displays.


Goodbye city porch sitting.


Goodbye South Loop, Lakeview, Bridgeport, Pilsen, Hyde Park and Logan Square.



Goodbye garden apartment (that's a euphemism for basement, there's no garden) were I can watch all the drunk Cubs fans stumble by.



Goodbye serious winter.

Goodbye kitten-sized rats

Goodbye reliable old post-crit dive bar with your tater tot platters.

Goodbye paper studio.


Goodbye bindery.


Goodbye (especially) print studio.



Goodbye Midwest!

My three years in exile are over and I'm coming home! I will be spending the next 4 or 5 days driving west with my mom and two kitties. See you on the other side of the Mississippi, the Missouri, the Rockies, and the Cascades!

3 comments:

  1. Excited to see you on this side of the Cascades soon! happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, girl, I just wanted to thank you for your kind words tonight and to say that anytime you want to make this thing we got going a real-life hangout time, I'm game. Email me when you get over here yonder my contact info is on my log. Don't let's be strangers. We can sit outside the lunchroom together.

    ReplyDelete